Thursday 16 July 2015

Short is Hot!

Meet Le Me
Did you just read that aloud? Okay, never mind. I am talking about how I love my short hair cut; Short really is hot. Cute, at least? :P

Coming from a place that judges how 'womanly' you are with the length of your hair.. did I miss to mention it should be black?, it's been quite an adventure ever since I cut my hair short.

There have been a lot of FAQs/comments about my short hair, the most frequent ones being:

They: WHHYYYY did you cut your hair so short?
The Me-In-My-Mind: Do we need a why, really?

They: But you had really nice hair!
The Me-In-My-Mind: I still do, dumbass. I am not bald yet.

I could be 'womanly' too, FYI.


They: *shocked-as-hell* Your mom let you do that to your hair?
The Me-In-My-Mind: *rolls-eyes*

They: All the guys are going to be heartbroken!
The Me-In-My-Mind: Meh. I prefer girls. :P

They: Gosh! I thought it was a guy!
The Me-In-My-Mind: Every time you see me, really?




Of course, there are people that find the hair cut cool and are loving it. But for Tamil Nadu, this is alien. A culture-shock, even if it's 2015 already. Many a time, it makes me think if we are stuck forever in the 1900's; and are refusing to change or refresh ideologies. It's the one thing I love and hate (yes, both) about the Tamil tradition. We hold too much respect for the past, that we become obsolete for The Now.

While it's usual to judge a person based on his/her outlook, it is unfair to associate short hair with loose morale.

Short hair is a choice. For me, it is more a matter of comfort.

And, I love it!

If you are looking to cut your hair short, you go girl. Do it right away! I bet it would be one of the finest decisions you made in life.

9 comments:

  1. Well timed and much needed blog to support a strong point. To the style of writing... _/\_

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great writing! How one wants to present oneself is completely ones own decision. Good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, who is your inspiration? I thought there should be something behind this short look idea. You can add me to your "they" list , if you want to 😄

    ReplyDelete
  4. I faced similar judgments in my area for having almost butt-long purple hair. I'm a guy. People just stared at me with the most incredulous looks on their faces, and what bothered me wasn't their surprise or amazement, but their genuine inability to comprehend and accept something different from their stagnant culture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. exactly... THEY always say wtever hair style u keep...!! but this style really suits u a lot... !

    ReplyDelete